You take inspired action only?
You expect miracles?
You are open to anythin?
You are attached to nothin?
Heart intentions light the way
one day monkey jumped over the sun
The next day she sat under the moon
While it was all in good fun
There was nothing left but deep gloom
Until a bird said to her,
You are free
You are loved
You are beautiful
You are a miracle
And so the gloom was doomed with one swoop of the poop
Take a break today, let yourself go, be unserious and meditate
Are you tired all the time? Are you lacking creativity? Are you having trouble staying focused? Do you want more love in your life? Are you fully expressing yourself through communication or is something holding you back? Are you searching for more wisdom or a greater connection with spirit? If you answered no to any of those then your not human and should be held captive in a zoo. However, if you happened to answer yes then I am pleased to say that you can be cured! Still confused? Let me just put it this way, begin meditating and make it a part of your daily routine. Meditation is a simple, yet powerful tool to develop the understanding that everything you need is already inside. Meditation is a way of balancing your energy body which is made up of 7 major chakras. How balanced your chakras are determines the level of success of your relationships, how much inner peace you enjoy, and how comfortable you feel in your own skin. These chakras or ‘wheels’ of energy are like energetic vortices that are the intersection point between physical matter and your consciousness. When you start to imagine that these whirling vortices are attracting and expressing vital energy you begin to feel more able to trust your chakra system. If you want to be the best version of yourself and develop not only your body, mind and intellect, but also your emotions and the nature of the world around you.
“From the navel of the Supreme Consciousness, lying in infinite water, arose a lotus with an infinite number of petals, lustrous like ten-million suns.”
SIVA PURANA, 1.2.34-36
1. Sit however you feel comfortable while maintaining straightness in your spine. Take 6-10 deep and slow breaths.
2. Bring your attention to the tips of your toes and visualize a warm glowing field surrounding them. Spend a few breaths here and slowly move that warm sensation to the rest of your foot and eventually up your leg focusing on each muscle independently.
3. As the warm energy creeps upwards notice how relaxed you feel all over. Once you are blanketed in this warm energy field visualize yourself on a beach watching the sunset and listening to the gentle rhythmic sound of the ocean. See yourself being care-free and thoughtless. Know that you are breathing in and know that you are breathing out. When you breath in you calm your body, and when you breath out you ease everything, let go.
4. Bask in this calm state for a few minutes each day until you are comfortable sitting for 15-30 min. When you wake is a perfect opportunity to tune yourself for the day so make it a habit of meditating right when you wake up. If your feeling sluggish at work or school in the afternoon take 5-10 minutes to meditate and re-charge yourself.
5. If there is not enough silence where you are you can choose to wear headphones and listen to meditation music or guided meditations which you can conveniently choose before hand the amount of time you are going to meditate. A few I would recommend is Kelly Howell or Abraham Hicks or Alan Watts but experiment for yourself. Also, when you have become more familiar with meditation try binaural beats it will blow your mind.
Now there are many additional tools that can be used in the practice of meditation such as; Affirmations or mantras which are short phrases or words that you repeat to yourself as a way of keeping your mind focused on a particular feeling or thought instead of trying to think of nothing which is often misunderstood. For example you could repeat, Ham-Sa (I am) in sanskrit or english over and over like the sound of the waves. You can also add candles, oils or incense to entice the senses and draw you into a deeper state of oneness. Crystals or gems act as amplifiers to your chakras and can greatly add to the experience. The food you eat also plays a roll in your energies I would recommend eating whole foods grown from the earth or seeing a holistic nutritionist. Yoga is a fantastic partner to meditation and great love is created between the two. Try to focus on becoming a better version of yourself and don’t get caught up in your head wondering if its doing anything, just enjoy yourself and the ride because the real art of meditation is non-meditation.
“Happy the man, and happy he alone,
he who can call today his own:
he who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.
When I get that new…I will be happy
When I get more… I will feel better
If it weren’t for this… I would be more grateful
Imagine when you were a child first discovering the wonders of the world. Playfully experimenting with anything and everything around you that you could get your dirty little hands on. Where nothing was ‘off-limits’ and the possibilities were immeasurable. But soon we drift away from our ‘fantasy’ world just like a leaf swiftly swooping in the breeze, detaching from its true home. Enculturation soon bogs us with thoughts like, ‘when I get a job’ and then ‘when I buy a house’ and then ‘when I get married’ and then ‘when I retire’ and then ‘WTF!’ Somehow we have missed the bus to a fulfilled life despite the fact that we took the bus everyday. Just which bus were you taking all those years? One someone told you to take? Or one YOU wanted to? Hear this, the earth is rotating approx. 1000mph, and moving around the sun at approx 66,666mph, while the solar system is moving like 420,000mph around the galactic core, and the galaxy moving through the universe like 2,237,000mph for a total of 2,724,666mph! Your body made of trillions of cells are whirling around trillions of stars at supersonic speeds and your thinking about bacon? Everything on the outside is just a blur so stop trying to hold on to it, look within yourself because everything you need is already inside. You can know it only when the mind is still. I am not the thinker in my head, I am the watcher. I realize that which truly matters is; beauty, love, creativity, joy, and peace all arise from beyond the mind.